Please note our breakfast options are seasonal.
Beginning of April (or Easter, whichever is sooner) to the end of October, is when Matt stops renovating and decorating the house, and cooks breakfast for 8.30 am. For early birds, there are various cereals, toast, juice, hot drinks etc., available from 7 am when requested.
At 8.30 am is when the fun begins, breakfast is served, you have no cooking, no washing up, all you have to do is rise and shine.
Breakfast can be quite a leisurely affair, if you are lucky enough to be on holiday, everyone sitting around a large circular table. The table itself, is quite special, certainly different to anything you will have seen before. Whether you feel sociable and like a chat, or prefer to sit quietly, listen and people watch, no doubt you will pick up some tips, on where to go exploring, or find a good restaurant, during your stay.
Breakfast is an important start to the day, whether on holiday or having to go, to work.
So what is the choice?
- chilled fresh orange juice
- granola, muesli and a good selection of cereals
- various dried fruits e.g. figs, prunes, apricots
- Greek style yogurt
- porridge by request, as made in a traditional way, overnight
- white and multi seeded toast with butter
- honey, various preserves and marmalade
- yep, love it, or hate it, we have Marmite
- wide choice of tea
- freshly brewed coffee in a French press
When it comes to the cooked options, Matt is passionate about ‘getting it right’ for you. Many a choice word has been heard, when an egg hasn’t done, just what he wanted.
So what are the options?
- traditional cooked ‘Full English’ breakfast
- creamy scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked Salmon
- delicate poached eggs on a toasted muffin
- eggy bread or French toast, as it is sometimes known
- boiled egg & soldiers
and of course, variations on the above and nearly always served, with Matt’s tasty, tomatoes, that are slowly roasted.
We take breakfast orders, the day before, so that your meal is freshly prepared, with no lengthy waiting time.